Who are you tell me something about yourself?
– BLUFRANK , from Cairo, Egypt and something about me that not too many people know is my mad love for eating pizza & anything that resemble a pizza , i am kinda like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when it comes to eating pizza , specially with shrimps.
When and how did you start making music?
– i don’t know when did i start exactly, because i had so many ideas but i didn’t know how to focus my efforts to start something really real so two words will be the answer… Last Summer.
Which artists inspired you too become involved with chill electronic experimental music?
– no one really and hey i am not a ” chilled-out electronic experimental artist ” its just when you describe my music without getting deep in what i do you will think that i am a chilled out – dance’y – disco producer but let me break it down. First people think that dance music is only related to happiness and euphoria second they think that you can’t have a dance’y tune while your sad, depressed or dreaming about a story or a scene in your head so basically i make dance music that relates to everything. That’s where the chilled out feeling come from that you ain’t supposed to just dance you can feel something, imagine something, you can listen to it without even dancing, You can react to it when your depressed or sad too because i always have a story behind every composition , i bet you can feel that.
How would you describe your music and how important is it to you?
– “my music” its “my soul inside music” and i am not a suicidal person.
Where do you find inspiration?
– Cairo’s Night-Life, beaches, parties, women, relationships, things i want, fashion, love, break ups, analyzing the human being unrequited feelings, loneliness, lost feelings . I do find some inspiration in the ring road in Cairo since it always packed , so i chill in the traffic jam, thinking about what should i do with my music. Loudness of Cairo streets too and i find it inspiring that some of my friends are fans without knowing that its me making the music. I act like i am a fan of BLUFRANK . Mad world !!
What does fashion mean to you?
– fashion means everything because i consider being artistic with a certain direction is fashionable, Your eyes picking the right art covers, the right track tittles, the right clothes for a show, the right entrance, the right way to promote your idea, the right story to back up what you say, Its everywhere everyone is fashionable according to his/her standards.
Any artists you’d like to work with in the future?
– i would like to work with film directors, photographers and visual artists who are trying to push the boundaries of their field.
What is the most important lesson you’ve learned?
– They won’t believe you until you believe yourself
Whats your ultimate goal ?
– Reminding the human beings that there was something called Humanity. We are loosing it as the time goes by, specially in Egypt.
What should your fans look forward too in the future?
– i don’t wanna give you the typical answer like they should look forward to an album or something nah. But i promise them with something real and i will always remain true because i respect the audience.