Who are you tell something about yourself ?
– Hailing from Brooklyn, NY, Tahj Ace is a driven and passionate artist with a unique approach to his blend of hip-hop.The teen performer is not only an accomplished musician, but also an actor, model and entrepreneur (owner of 7ACE RECORDS/ERAMATICS) with tons of charisma.His sound is all about reaching out to listeners with massive energy, great melodies, and an outstanding lyrical flow that could easily rival the work of influential golden era masters the likes of Notorious B.I.G., 2Pac or Capital Steez, just to mention a few.
When and how did you start making music ?
– During the Summer of 2010 along with some childhood friends we decided to turn our daily life happenings & memorable events of the past into songs of lyrical context.From then on,beats were always being made on the tables of pizza shops and ciphers were always being started in the parks.
Which artists inspired you too become involved with hip hop music?
– Notorious B.I.G., 2Pac & Kriss Kross
How is the Hip Hop scene in your eyes at the moment?
– Currently I feel the hip hop scene is back on the rise as far as being organic & influential to the world we live in. In the era of the early 90’s-Early 2000s hip hop influence so many things from the movies being made to the outfits and trends that were popular. I feel hip hop is finally getting back to that great place.
What is your ambitions with your music, and what kind of feeling do you want to create?
– I want my music to influence those who may need inspiration to create themselves & progress though they may not be able to because of there current thoughts or feelings that may be holding them back. For those who miss the nostalgic sounds & feelings that make us feel so good that we just wanna be positive and express ourselves regardless of boundaries.
Where do you find inspiration ?
– I find inspirations through my daily happenings and experiences, through memorable events that seem to interesting to go untold and aspirations of things I plan to acquire.
What can we expect for your upcoming mixtape “Cool High the Mixtape”?
– The world can expect a variations of sound and lyrical content through smooth melodies and rhyme schemes like you’ve never heard before. From classical jazz inspired boom bap beats with lyrics of trap influence to trap style melodic sounds with catchy hooks & feel good turn up vybez. And of course some RnB Influence storytelling styled songs for the ladies to two step & sing in the mirror too.
Coming from the hip hop group ERAMATICS how has your style change?
– Being in ERAMATICS was definitely a learning experience I was able to learn how to create songs influenced by the 90’s style of boombap with collaborators in ways that I may have not been able to do on my own,but it has also influence me to consider and creating more unique sounds. I’ve been experimenting with different styles open to collaborating with different artist more and even branching out into other genres like trip hop might even hear some EDM on this or future projects.
What are the biggest challenges making a solo project?
– Currently my biggest challenge is the recording to release process.Taking a short hiatus of almost a year in 2015 I was at a point where I had to rediscover my sound and passion for the creation process of putting out music.Now that I was able to re-tap into my full potential I’ve been working constantly.
How would you describe your music from your upcoming project?
– Fresh new sounds will be featured on my new project, of course I plan to showcase my New York influence through certain slang and lyrical content but it’ll be approachable and able to relate to music lovers of all calibers & locations.
Is there any artist you would like to work with in the future?
– Vince Staples, Lil Herb,Dom Kennedy & Nipsey Hussle are my favorite artist right now a track with any of them or all of them would be epic,legendary and some ace ish.
What should your fans look forward too in the future?
– VISUALS, VLOGS,Cool High & consistency.I plan on releasing COOL HIGH on my birthday of this year June 30th,had to push it back due to more collaborations being put together and my keen meticulous ears and critical thoughts but greatness takes time a wise-man once said.
If you only could listen to 3 song on your ipod which songs would it be ?
Tupac – How Do You Want It
Damian Marley – Welcome to Jamrock
ERAMATICS – L.A.B